Don't forget these...
Advanced Open Water Scuba Diver/Junior Advanced Diver
Enroll in the Advanced Open Water Diver Course to explore new dive sites and undertake exclusive activities under the supervision of a Kent Island Scuba Instructor. This course allows individuals to learn about specialties and diving activities of particular interest. Your confidence and skill as a diver will increase while you experience the excitement of learning more about the underwater world.
During training, students complete a minimum of six open-water dives, including three separate dives for navigation, night or low visibility diving, and deep diving (130 feet/40 meters of maximum depth), plus three additional dives based on your individual preferences and available options.
Possible activities include:
- Search and recovery
- Boat diving
- Light salvage
- Hunting and collecting
- Exploration and underwater mapping
- Wreck diving (non-penetration)
- Observation and data collecting
- Diving in surf or currents
- Altitude diving
- Salt Water diving (in areas where most diving is in freshwater)
- Freshwater diving (in areas where most diving is in saltwater)
- Shore diving
- Diving for photos and videos
- Using dive computers
The Advanced Open Scuba Diver course is for certified divers who desire additional training or orientation to a variety of diving sites and conditions. Divers must be a minimum of 10 years of age, in good health and must be previously certified as a Scuba Diver.
1. Academics: eLearning: (Self-Paced)
2. Open Water Checkout(s): All checkout dives will be conducted on the dive boat (boat fees not included)
Open Water Checkout Dives: options include:
- Boat Dives: Weekly on the Kent Island Dive Boat
- Palm Beach Dive Center (Weekly)
- Referral (If you're going to finish on a trip with another dive center)
- eLearning Academics
- Open Water Checkout Dives
What's not included:
- Personal Dive Gear (Mask & Fins)
- Rental Dive Gear (BCD, Regulator(s), Weights, etc...)
- Wetsuits (if necessary)
- Boat Fees, etc…